Yale has a longstanding tradition of exceptional teaching, research, and advocacy on a broad range of environment and sustainability topics.
The Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies is Yale’s professional school for the environment. F&ES has the oldest graduate forestry program in the United States.
The Yale Office of Sustainability (OOS) coordinates University sustainability policies.
Research Groups & Centers
- Yale Climate and Energy Institute (YCEI)
- Center for Business and the Environment (CBEY)
- Center for Environmental Law and Policy (YCELP)
- Center for Green Chemistry and Green Engineering at Yale
- Center for Industrial Ecology
- The Global Institute of Sustainable Forestry
- Hixon Center for Urban Ecology
- Institute for Biospheric Studies (YIBS)
- Yale Project on Climate Change Communication (YPCCC)
- Tropical Resources Institute
- The School Forests
- Urban Resources Initiative
- Yale Forum on Religion & Ecology
Undergraduate & Graduate Environment/sustainability Groups
- Yale Student Environmental Coalition, or YSEC. (Yale College)
- Yale Environmental Law Association, or YELA. (Yale Law School)
- Yale Business and the Environment Club. (Yale SOM)
- Earth Care Committee. (Yale Divinity School)
- All the Student Interest Groups at Yale F&ES.