How to give:
Enter your gift amount and select the type of gift
Click on “Support other areas at Yale”, and click “other”. Type in “Yale Blue Green Sustainability Fund” and / or Fund # 38423. The gift amount should populate automatically from the first field.
Enter your personal information and click “pay with card” to continue on to the payment page.
If you are interested in giving major amounts, please contact Becky Bunnell, ’78, for further details.
How the funds will be used:
We are starting this Sustainability Initiative Fund as a current use fund to allow the Office of Sustainability to accomplish a range of things to drive sustainability at Yale. The types of things this fund might be used for are:
- Support for student research assistants or fellows for the Office of Sustainability
- Funding for student research and travel for sustainability-related topics
- Augmenting programming or capacity related to priority topics such as carbon neutrality or biodiversity
- On-campus visibility such as events
- Global visibility such as Yale’s presence at global gatherings.
- A reinvigorated and cohesive online presence for Yale’s teaching, research, and operational commitments pertaining to climate change and sustainability
- A platform to foster interdisciplinary collaboration on global challenges
The priorities will likely evolve year-to-year as Yale’s sustainability efforts evolve.
One of our long-term goals is to create a permanent endowment for a similar purpose. If this spendable fund meets the university’s minimum for endowment ($100,000), we can then consider taking that next step. This would be set up as a second fund.
Another goal is to create an additional spendable fund, and eventually another endowment fund, to be administered by the “Academic side” of the University. This would allow funding for an endowed chair that could really drive multi- disciplinary research and academic programming across all parts of the University.
Official usage description of the Fund:
The fund shall be used to support the activities of the Office of Sustainability as Yale creates, tests, and adopts innovative sustainable solutions to environmental and related social and economic challenges. Activities may include, but are not limited to, programming, communications, events, alumni engagement, and support for student assistants and early-career interns. Activities should also include, but are not limited to, initiatives that drive global leadership in integrated sustainable actions.